Work Package 5 in MAS²TERING (Led by Telecommunications Software & Systems Group, TSSG / Waterford Institute of Technology, WIT)
WP5 will design the components of the platform dedicated to enhancement of telecom & energy infrastructure convergence. This WP will also be responsible for detailed design of the operations and communications of the agents in the MAS as well as development of these components for implementation in WP6.
This WP is also responsible for delivering to the other WPs the best strategies to combine standards from the telecom and energy domains. The specific objectives of the WP5 are to:
Assess the current architectural components already developed, including the Generic Enabler provided by the FI-Ware project
Design the agent interaction with the electricity network and the inter-agent communications and the communications from the agents to the monitoring platform.
Assess the available standards (Telecom and energy grid) in the smart grid domain,
Develop middleware components for enhanced HAN interoperability.
D5.1: “Individual Agent Interface Design” – Published August 2015 (Month 12 of MAS²TERING) / Download Link: mas2tering_deliverable_5-1_individual-agent-communication-interface-design
This document provides a high level design of the inter-communication between agents and the agents’ communication with other smart grid components that are considered in the three Mas2tering use cases. The design will be further detailed in D5.3 and implemented in D5.4 and D5.5. The communication architecture will consist of a holonic organisation of the multi-agent system and will address challenges of the smart grid such as security, scalability and distributed management. In addition, the document builds on the standards’ evaluation performed in D5.2 and relates the appropriate standards to each of the MAS²TERING use cases. The document discusses the use of Foundation for Intelligent Physical Agents (FIPA-ACL), Common Information Model (CIM) and other relevant standards for the message specification and communication between agents. Initial evaluation of FIWARE generic enablers was carried out as part of D2.1. This deliverable further analyses the potentially useful GEs that can enhance the non-domain specific features of the MAS²TERING platform. [READ MORE ABOUT THE D5.1 REPORT BY CLICKING HERE]
D5.2: “Standards Assessment, Strategies for Power and IT combination standards” – Published May 2015 (Month 9 of MAS²TERING) / Download Link: mas2tering_deliverable_5-2_standards-assessment-strategies-for-power-and-it-combination-standards
- This document provides standards assessment, strategies for power and Information Technology (IT) combination standards as a means to consider the issues involved in combining a telecoms and an electricity network. The main purpose of combining the telecoms and electricity network is increased integration of electric power systems and IT systems. Standards assessment and evaluations, presented in the deliverable, provide detailed information on telecoms and energy standards available that are suitable for the MAS²TERING project. Additionally, recommendations for combining evaluated standards, identified areas for future improvements and an overview of the smart metering solutions and their standards in Italy, United Kingdom, France and Belgium are provided. [READ MORE ABOUT THE D5.2 REPORT BY CLICKING HERE]
D5.3: “Global MAS Communication Design” – Published February 2016 (Month 18 of MAS²TERING) / Download Link: mas2tering_deliverable_5-3_global-mas-communication-design
D5.3 Global MAS Communication Design is a document that details the multi-agent communication architecture, based on the requirements and specifications described in WP2. The document includes a detailed description of the multi-agent communication architecture, including its physical and logical view and its integration with the underlying JADE platform. It also details the integration design of the multi-agent communication architecture with other (non-agent based) supporting components (e.g. Generic Enablers, PANDA access control software, forecasting services). The design reported in this document follows the Gaia agent design methodology adopted by MAS²TERING project. Additionally, the document details the process of generating messages exchanged among agents. This message exchange is based on the MAS²TERING ontology and its alignment with standards (e.g. CIM, IEC61968 and openADR among others) is specified. There are eleven agent interaction protocols that are identified and detailed in this deliverable with their corresponding sequence diagrams. These agent interaction protocols are mapped into the project use cases, providing a description of each use case from a communication perspective. The report ends stating how the presented design fulfils the Mas2tering communication requirements, how it will be secured using specific security components developed in WP4 and how the presented design sets the path for the development of communication components in forthcoming deliverables D5.4 and D5.5 [READ MORE ABOUT THE D5.3 REPORT BY CLICKING HERE]
All WPs in MAS2TERING:
- WP 1: Services, business models & requirements (R2M)
- WP 2: Technical requirements, ICT platform (TI)
- WP 3: Multi-agent systems and optimisation (CU)
- WP 4: Design & development of cyber-security components for Smart Grids (Airbus)
- WP 5: Design and Development of the MAS Components and Interfaces (TSSG)
- WP 6: Use cases and validation (SMS)
- WP 7: Dissemination and exploitation (R2M)
- WP 8: Project Management (CEA)