The role of Smart Metering Systems, Place (UK) in the MAS2TERING project:
For the MAS2TERING project, SMS leads WP6 – which makes them the simulation and deployment centrifuge. Details on the WP and Tasks are found on the WP- and Task-dedicated webpages:
Our culture revolves around commitment to our customers where we deliver in terms of our attention to detail. We’re knowledgeable and experienced in what we do and that is imperative when it comes to guiding our customers through their journey with ease.
‘It takes roughly ten thousand hours of practice to achieve mastery in a field’ Malcolm Gladwell, Outliers: The Story of Success
Our philosophy is all about providing solutions through excellent customer experience, ensuring we deliver value to our customers every day. Our core values are central to our heritage and our culture.
The acquisition of Utility Partnership Ltd (UPL) in 2014 marked SMS’s first ever acquisition. It also marked the coming together of two companies with very similar histories, values, culture and approach to customer service.
SMS Plc can now provide a completely integrated service from beginning to end, from project managing the installation of the gas and/or electricity supply and connection through to the procurement, installation and management of the meter asset, data collection and on-going energy management solutions.
This breadth of service makes us completely unique in the industry. There are no other organisations in a position to be able to offer all of these services simultaneously, meaning that without SMS Plc customers would need to use several different providers to cover their needs.
Our experience attests to our level of knowledge and expertise but what really sets us apart is our ability to tailor customer contracts. This flexibility in the delivery of our services is key to our customer service centred approach. We listen to what our customers need and what they want to achieve and then use our collective experience to ensure these requirements are met.
Delivering leading multi-utility infrastructure solutions
Metering & Data
Managing assets and providing remote reading solutions
Providing innovative energy efficiency strategies
SMS Plc recognises that the disciplines of quality, health and safety and environmental management are an integral part of its management function.
SMS Plc views these as primary responsibilities and to be the key to good business in adopting appropriate quality standards.
The SMS Plc Quality Policy calls for continuous improvement in its quality management activities and business will be conducted according to the following principals: SMS does :-
- Comply with all applicable statutory laws and statutory regulations. Follow a concept of continuous improvement and make best use of its management resources in all quality matters
- Communicate its quality objectives and its performance against these objectives throughout SMS Plc and to interested parties
- Take due care to ensure that activities are safe for employees, associates and subcontractors and others who come into contact with our work
- Work closely with our customers and suppliers to establish the highest quality standards establishing, implementing and controlling procedures for corrective and preventative action to ensure at all times customer requirements are met under controlled environments and product realisation procedures are adhered to, protecting the integrity and reputation of the business
- Adopt a forward-looking view on future business decisions which may have quality impacts.
- Train our staff in the needs and responsibilities of quality management, keeping training records and through continuous measuring, monitoring and analysis, ensure that training needs of all staff are identified and implemented
Full List of Consortium Partners & Their Roles in MAS2TERING:
MAS2TERING consists of nine project partners from five EU countries:
- CEA (France) – Project Coordinator, leader of WP8
- SMS, Plc. (United Kingdom) – Leader of WP6
- R2M Solution (Italy) – Leader of WP1 and WP8
- ENGIE (France) – Main Industrial Partner
- Airbus CyberSecurity (France) – Leader of WP4
- Telecom Italia (Italy) – Main Industrial Partner, Leader of WP2
- Cardiff University (United Kingdom) – Leader of WP3
- Waterford Institute of Technology (Ireland) – Leader of WP5
- Laborelec (Belgium) – Scientific & Technical Manager