4-PART PROJECT WORKSHOP SERIES
Four strategically timed workshops that facilitate smart grid stakeholder interaction will be planned. Each workshop edition will especially involves 2 to 3 members of the project’s Value-Driven Advisory Group, who will be asked to contribute to the preparation and facilitation of the workshops. Each workshop will provide materials to stimulate thought beforehand and workshop results will be published afterwards.
- First Workshop MAS2TERING on Business convergence for Telecoms, Grid Operators and Utilities. (Resp. Telecom Italia).
Key Outputs: preliminary business-feedback on project’s targets, input to high-level functional requirements definition.
October 17th, 2014 – Venice, Italy
- Download pdf of the Workshop
- Download here the presentation of Sylvain Robert from CEA: “Introduction to the MAS2TERING project”
- Download here the presentation of Steven Davy from TSSG: “WARE Generic Enablers to Smart Grid Management: Electric Car Charging Scenario”
- Download here the presentation of Zulkuf Genc from TUDelft: “Symphony: Connecting European Smart Grid Labs”
- Download here the brochure of the first Workshop brochure
- Click here to see the first Mas2tering Business Convergence Questionnaire
- Check here the photos of the Workshop
- Second Workshop MAS2TERING: Smart Grid Technologies and Project Use Cases I (Resp. GDF Suez).
Key Outputs: smart grid stakeholders awareness raising and project’s use cases refinement.
September 11th, 2015 – Brussels, Belgium
- Download pdf of the Workshop
- Download here the presentation of Sylvain Robert from CEA: “Mas2tering: Enabling flexibility management”
- Download here the presentation of Maryse Anbar from ENGIE: “Managing flexibility”
- Download here the presentation of Ivan Grimaldi from TI: “JEMMA: an open platform for a connected Smart Grid Gateway”
- Download here the presentation of Ivan Grimaldi from TI: “Use Case 1 – Providing Flexibility”
- Download here the presentation of Steve McElveen and Mario Sisinni from SMS: “Use case 3”
- Download here the presentation of Sébastien Breton from Airbus Defence & Space CyberSecurity: “Smart Grid Technologies and Project Use Cases”
- Download here the presentation of Steve McElveen from SMS: “Automated Substation Back-Feeding”
- Download here the presentation of Mario Sisinni from SMS: “WP6 status”
- Download here the presentation of Monjur Mourshed from CU: “Multi-Agent System Grid Optimization”
- Download here the brochure of the second Workshop brochure
- Check here the photos of the Workshop
- Third Workshop (resp. SMS, Plc.): Business convergence II Telecom/ grid operator/ utility.
Key Outputs: feedback for leveraging MAS2TERING foreground market uptake and commercialisation. On 30th June, MAS2TERING led a clustering workshop at the 4th Sustainable Places 2016 international conference held in historic Basque Country on the border of Spain and France in Anglet. There were presentations from two invited guests, Thomas Walter (Easy Smart Grid) and Marijn DeKoning (USEF).
- Fourth Workshop: Smart Grid Technologies and Project Use Cases I (resp. LAB)
Key Outputs: The aim of this workshop was to validate with an expert panel the approach and technologies developed in the Mas2tering project and to assess the costs and benefits of these outcomes.
Co-located with Sustainble Places 2017 in Middlesbrough, UK. 28th-30th June, 2017
- Download here the presentation of Marie-France Robbe from CEA: “Mas2tering project introduction”
- Download here the presentation of Thomas Messervey & James Sharma from R2M & SMS: “Multi-Sided Business Model Opportunities”
- Download here the presentation of Mario Sisinni from R2M: “Simulation testing of the Cardiff grid”
- Download here the presentation of Meritxell Vinyals from CEA: “Mas2tering: Approach and technologies”
- Download here the workshop report published by MDPI AG: Mas²tering: Business Cases and Technologies for Low-Voltage Flexibility Aggregation with Prosumers and Local Energy Communities Workshop
- Download here the conference paper published by MDPI AG: “Residential Electricity Tariffs in Europe: Current Situation, Evolution and Impact on Residential Flexibility Markets“
ADDITIONAL WORKSHOPS & CONFERENCE / JOURNAL PAPERS
- Climatic parameters for building energy applications: A temporal-geospatial assessment of temperature indicators, Mourshed M (2016), Renewable Energy, 94:55–71. DOI: 10.1016/j.renene.2016.03.021; DOWNLOAD LINK: Mourshed-2016-RENE
- A Multi-Sided Business Model for Local Flexibility Management in Low Voltage Distribution Networks, Lynch P, Hickey R, Messervey T (2016), ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SUSTAINABILITY ISSUES, ISSN 2345-0282 (online); [Accepted]; DOWNLOAD LINK: http://jssidoi.org/jesi/issue/15
- Weather Relevant Temporal Forecasting of Aggregated Demand Energy Service (T3.2), CU, Applied Energy Journal [Under review]; DOWNLOAD LINK: TBD
- SMART: A process-oriented methodology for resilient smart cities, Mourshed M, Bucchiarone A, Khandokar F, 2016 IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2), Trento, Italy, 12–15 September. [Accepted]; DOWNLOAD LINK: Mourshed-2016-1570281398
- Preserving Prosumer Privacy in a District Level Smart Grid, Yuce B, Mourshed M, Rana O, Rezgui Y, 2016 IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2), Trento, Italy, 12–15 September. [Accepted]; DOWNLOAD LINK: Yuce-2016-1570281303
- Ontology-based Demand-Side Flexibility Management in Smart Grids using a Multi-Agent System, Hippolyte J-LH, Howell S, Sleiman H, Vinyals M, Yuce B, Vanhee L, Mourshed M, 2016 IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2), Trento, Italy, 12–15 September. [Accepted]; DOWNLOAD LINK: Hippolyte-2016-1570280552
- Maximising Value for Local Flexibility Management in Low Voltage Distribution Networks, Lynch P, Power J, Hickey R, Kelly D, Messervey T, Espeche J, Oualmakran Y, 2016 IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2), Trento, Italy, 12–15 September. [Accepted]
- A Multi-Agent System Architecture for Decentralised Flexibility (CEA): ECAI 2016: 22nd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence [Under review]; DOWNLOAD LINK: TBD
- On 27th June 2016, MAS2TERING will join the following EU projects to learn from and inform two of the most prominent European smart grid organisations, EDSO and ENTSO-E. Details found at: www.innogrid2020.eu and EU projects taking part alongside MAS2TERING are:
- BEST PATHS
- Forschungscampus FEN
- Nobel Grid
- Offshore DC PROMOTioN
There were 2 technical posters developed by MAS²TERING for INNOGRID 2020+:
- MAS²TERING General Factsheet – innogrid_poster2_general-factsheet
- Market Analysis into EU Flexibility Services – innogrid-poster1-market-analysis
- MAS2TERING organised together with 1st EAI International Conference on Smart Grid Inspired Future Technologies (SmartGift2016, Liverpool, UK) a Workshop on Security, flexibility and demand management in smart low voltage grids. Details can be found at: www.smartgiftconf.org/2016/show/workshop-mas2tering and there were 3 papers presented by MAS2TERING partners, available for purchase and free preview here or by clicking the Springer journal image below:
- Use Cases and Business Models of Multi-Agent System (MAS) ICT Solutions for LV Flexibility Management – Juan Manuel Espeche, Thomas Messervey, Zia Lennard, Riccardo Puglisi, Mario Sissini, Meritxell Vinyals
- Combination of Standards to Support Flexibility Management in the Smart Grid, Challenges and Opportunities – Hisain Elshaafi, Meritxell Vinyals, Mario Sisinni, Ivan Grimaldi, Michael Dibley
- An ANN-based Energy Forecasting Framework for the District Level Smart Grids – Baris Yuce, Monjur Mourshed, Yacine Rezgui
- Energy@home. R. Tommasi, I. Grimaldi. Presented at Mini Maker Faire, Torino, June 6 2015. pdf
- TSSG Industry Open Day, 3 March 2015, Waterford, Ireland (TSSG). Steven Davy. Presented at TSSG Industry Open Day, March 3 2015. Click here to read more.
- Smart grid futures: Perspectives on the integration of energy and ICT services. Monjur Mourshed, Sylvain Robert, Andrea Ranalli, Thomas Messervey, Diego Reforgiato, Régis Contreau, Adrien Becue, Kevin Quinn, Yacine Rezgui, Zia Lennard. Presented at: 7th International Conference on Applied Energy – ICAE2015, Dubai, UAE, 28 – 31 March 2015. Energy Procedia. Elsevier, pp. 1132-1137. 10.1016/j.egypro.2015.07.531. pdf
- Business Models and Frameworks. Maryse Anbar. Presented at Smart grids summit, Nice – February 2015, 19th. pdf
- Energy@home and ZigBee towards Smart Home and Energy Efficiency solutions. Andrea Ranalli. Presented at Wireless Congress: Systems & Applications November 13 2014, Munich, Germany. pdf